Seek Peace for Your Mind
With all the roles you play in life. With the million and one items on your to do list. With your smart phone and tablet and computer all calling for your attention. How can you possibly complete a sentence or finish a project? Where is there space for you and just you? Begin by seeking peace for your mind with these 5 simple tips.
5 Ways to Free/Clear Your Mind
- Just breathe. Pause now and take 3 easy, deep breaths. Just breathe, so you can release tension.
- Just be. Sit somewhere with a picture or view of a plant or a tree or nature. Notice the colors and textures. Observe any subtle movements. Feel the air current or breeze against your skin. Just be, so you can feel grounded.
- Just write. Before bedtime, empty your mind onto the pages of your favorite journal. Write freely without judgment for what you write. No worries about spelling or punctuation. Just write, so you can let go of the worries and distractions of the day and sleep more peacefully.
- Just the facts. Let go of any speculation or story-telling in your mind. Let the past be the past. Only allow space for you are 100% certain of. Just the facts, so you can reclaim your mental and emotional energy.
- Just you. Give yourself permission to say no to what doesn’t give you joy. Say no to requests for your time that feel burdensome. Focus on what you love and who you love. Focus on you, just you, for more joy in your life and peace of mind.
Contributing Writer: Erin Owen