Regularly scheduled dinners for two are a wonderful way to deepen your connection as a couple.
Whether you make it one night a week or every other week, this is your time to focus on your relationship. Share the highs and lows of your week and how you feel about what’s going on in your lives. Share what you’re grateful for and what you appreciate about each other and your love. Ask about each other’s lives and listen with genuine interest to what’s on your minds and in your hearts.
The meal doesn’t have to be fancy but you can make the evening feel a little extra special by following these tips:
1. Put your phones away and turn off the TV, the computer and other distractions.
2. If you have kids, arrange for them to spend a few hours at the house of a friend or family member so you can be alone.
3. Set an inviting table with a tablecloth, cloth napkins and pretty dinnerware.
4. Add your favorite flowers or garden greens in a vase.
5. Leave each other sweet little notes or some other small token of appreciation at your place settings.
6. Plan on serving foods you both enjoy.
7. Play soft music in the background.
8. Dine by candlelight.