Archive for the ‘News’ Category
January’s wallpaper inspired us to follow our dreams. But often while we’re doing that, we find ourselves at a crossroads, torn between two directions, two choices. Sometimes the mind and heart play a little tug-of-war with the decisions we need to make. Fortunately, the heart is wise and wonderful. The key is to eliminate the distractions so we can listen to it. One of the simplest, most effective, cost-free ways to get out of our heads and be attuned to our hearts is to meditate. We found this short meditation helpful.
This month’s free wallpaper download is a beautiful inspiration to “follow your heart.” Whatever question is on your mind, we hope this lovely digital wallpaper encourages you to do just that as you confront those important decisions on the way to your dreams. Please feel free to send the link to someone you care about.
And don’t forget to download it to your phone or desktop, too, for some inspiration whenever you need it.
Click any of the links below to select the size that works best for you. Once the image pops up in a new window, simply right click and save.
Android wallpaper: Moto G, X – Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, Z3 Compact | Google Pixel – HTC One M8, M9, X10 – LG G2 – Moto X (2nd Gen) – Samsung Galaxy S5, S8, S7+ – Nexus 5, 5x | Google Pixel 2 – HTC U11 – LG G3, G5 – Samsung Galaxy S4, S6, S7, S7 Edge – Nexus 6, 6p – Sony Xperia C4, Z Ultra, Z2, Z3, XZ1 | LG G6, G6+, V30, V30+ | Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+
Questions or having trouble downloading? Contact [email protected]
We love any opportunity to get together with family and friends. And there’s no need to stress over a complicated menu. Throwing a soup party or building regular soup days into your calendar are a wonderfully low-key option for savoring the joy of getting together without all of the fuss.
Here are a few tips for making the most of this casual celebration:
1. Have guests serve themselves from the pot of soup in the kitchen. This keeps things informal and helps limit the mess of dishing soup out at the table.
2. Spice things up with toppings like Greek yogurt, pepitas, shredded cheese, scallions, pesto and croutons.
3. For an even heartier meal, pair with bread. A multigrain loaf, baguette or sourdough boule are great options.
4. For a sweet finish, consider fresh fruit or a few of your favorite chocolate bars to pass around the table.
We all have dreams! But for some reason, many of us find ourselves procrastinating instead of passionately pursuing them. Sometimes, we find ourselves stuck at the “commit and pursue” point. Here are a few simple tips to help you follow through:
1) Talk about your dream! Somehow when we verbalize a goal or idea to another person we know will be supportive, it becomes more real…and we feel energized.
2) Break it down into baby steps, and make a to-do list. You’ll find even the most mundane task involves multiple steps. (For instance, if you need to create a resume, first you need to gather your job history information. You may also need to contact people for references.)
3) Choose two or three of the steps on that list and commit to getting them done today. This is how you build momentum! Momentum is its own motivation.
4) Make sure you situate yourself in a place that’s free of distractions… and stay focused. Start by setting a timer for an hour, then stay on task for that time. Don’t allow yourself to drift into folding laundry, emptying the dishwasher, checking mail, etc. It’s ok to take a short break when the hour is up. Stretch. Step outside. Have a quick snack. Then go back to the task at hand and repeat until you’ve completed those two or three items from your list.
5) Once you’ve finished those, look at your list, and choose the tasks you will accomplish tomorrow. Then reward yourself with something small. Treat yourself to coffee. Take a walk. Give yourself a half hour to read your favorite book.