Archive for May 2014 | Monthly archive page
Find your path, fuel your passion, feed your dreams, feel the joy.
Mothers brighten the world with their smiles…
comfort with hugs and kind words…
heal with the gentlest of hands…
strengthen with good common sense…
listen with fair and open minds…
nurture with sweetness and caring…
and love with the warmest of hearts.
Happy Mothers Day!
Aren’t Moms the greatest? All through the year they’re on duty, providing care, wisdom and an endless supply of love. It almost seems impossible to fit all the gratitude we feel for them into just one Mother’s Day. Fortunately, our creative team is full of thoughtful ideas to make Mom feel truly appreciated. Below are our top ten ideas for how to treat your own Mom this Mother’s Day. How about you? How will you be celebrating this weekend?
1. Fresh Flowers: Either from your local florist, greenhouse or even backyard, they’re a perfect representation of just how lovely you think your mom is.
2. A Sweet, Meaningful gift: Maybe it’s a scarf she’s been eyeing, or little gift with special meaning – Moms will always appreciate the extra thought.
3. Cleaning Service: Have Mom prop up her feet while you do your fair share of household “chores.”
4. Sent from the Heart: Make a list of all the wonderful things that you love and appreciate about her and sign it with a great big thank you.
5. In the Garden: When the flowers are in full bloom, she’ll remember the fun times you spent planting them together.
6. Treasured Memories: Put together a little photo journal, complete with pictures and handwritten notes of gratitude.
7. Spa Treatment: Treat mom to a new candle, eye mask or scented lotion – she could use a little time to unwind now and then!
8. Keeping Connected: Is distance keeping you apart this Mother’s Day? Now is the perfect time for a nice, long phone call.
9. Mom’s Favorite: Remember all those times Mom whipped up your favorite dish or dessert? Now’s your turn!
10. A Cozy Breakfast: Arrange for your mom to have breakfast in bed, or take her out to her favorite brunch spot.
It has been over two years since my mother left this good earth, but not a day goes by for me without memories of her gentle spirit, her good nature and all the loving lessons she left behind. Just in time for Mother’s Day, I’m pleased to share with you my new book “Love Blooms in a Mother’s Heart: A Celebration of Motherhood”. While I wrote the book to honor the memory of my own mother, it really speaks to all moms of every generation. I selected my favorite quotations and sayings about mothers, and surrounded each one with my watercolor art inspired by the garden. I hope this book will touch your heart and bring joy to the special mom—or moms—in your life!
I will be celebrating Mother’s Day this year with my kids and family, and no doubt we will be reminiscing about all the treasured times we shared with my mother through the years. Wishing all of you Moms a relaxing Mother’s Day filled with love, laughter and the warmest of memories.
All My Best,
one: Events: Mother’s Day BrunchSince Mother’s Day falls during such a beautiful time of year, why not treat Mom to brunch in the garden? Check out arboretums in your area, or entertain alfresco in your own backyard. Here are some wonderful options in our Philadelphia suburbs:
Take your mom to a delicious brunch at Longwood Gardens on Saturday, May 10th starting at 10am. They will have a Flute duo in The Conservatory from 12PM–3PM. Visit Longwood Gardens website for a full menu and for more information on how to buy tickets.
Here’s another option! Start your Mother’s Day right with a delicious brunch at the Morris Arboretum in their Compton Café. They have two seatings available—one at 10AM and one at 12PM. Afterwards, take a stroll as you enjoy all that spring has to offer at the Arboretum. Visit their website to preview the menu and for more information on how to purchase tickets.
two: Gifts: The Gift that Gives Back This Mother’s Day, when you shower your mom with all the love she deserves, you can also honor artisans all over the world! The Root Collective’s mission is to tackle poverty, control costs and to give back. They have some beautiful gift ideas for Mother’s Day and you get to learn about the artisan who made the products. As a customer, you can select the TRC non-profit partner who will receive a 10% donation from your purchase. Find some special pieces and handmade gifts for mom while knowing your dollars are supporting makers in growing economies.
three: Product: Mother’s Day Prints We’ve created a special selection of framed prints—some inspired by my new book, Love Blooms in a Mother’s Heart, and others with the theme of “home”—each with a hand lettered sentiment. They can be displayed individually or in groupings on a tabletop or mantel or hung on a wall. A great gift for moms of all ages!
four: Cards: Mother’s Day This Mother’s Day, why not show Mom some love Kathy Davis style? While I have some cards distributed at large chains and various drug stores, you can be sure to find a great assortment of Kathy Davis cards in our Gallery in Horsham.
five:Charity: Single Mom Enterprises Inc.As a former single mom while my own kids were young, I certainly recognize the importance of this organization. Single Mom Enterprises’ mission is to present single moms with opportunities to maximize success and reduce the stress of raising a family alone. They aim to provide financial, educational and emotional support. This foundation is devoted to providing the tools that moms will need for success, and to teach how to use those tools to yield the best results. To find out more about how you can donate, visit their website.